When you send out an Assignment, you can now create an individual copy of your attached files for each student. This feature works for Microsoft Office files (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx) or Google Suite files (Docs, Sheets, Slides) that are attached to your Assignments.
To make copies of your Assignment attachments:
- Open the Class/Group that you wish to make an assignment for.
- Select the add button located in class information panel of the Class/Group’s page
- Click Create Assignment from the dropdown menu
- Fill out Assignment Title and Instructions for the assignment
- Attach a supported file by selecting one of the following attachment options:
- File: .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx attachment from your computer.
- Library: .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx attachment from your Library or select the
- Google Drive: Doc, Sheet, or Slide from your Google Drive.
- Click on View Only just to the right of the attached file to open a dropdown menu with the option, Make Copies
- Fill out the remaining details for the Assignment: Assign to, Due on, ect.
- Click Assign to send the assignment to designated classes
Note: When you create an Assignment using the Make Copies feature, you will see an attachment in your stream that states each recipient will get a copy. However, your students can access their copy of the attachment in their Assignment submission page by clicking the Open Assignment button. To learn how students can open and submit their copies of your Assignment, see this article.
Check out our FAQs article for common tricks and tips!