When you send out an Assignment, you can now create an individual copy of your attached files for each Student. This feature works for Microsoft Office files (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx) or Google Suite files (Docs, Sheets, Slides) that are attached to your Assignments.
To make copies of your Assignment attachments:
- Click on a Class or Group that you want to send the Assignment to in the left sidebar.
- Select the “Assignment” tab located in the post box at the top of your Class or Group Stream.
- Fill out the details for the Assignment: Title, Description, Due date, Due time
- Attach a supported file by selecting one of the following attachment options:
- “Attach Files” and select a .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx attachment from your computer.
- “Add from Library” and select a .docx, .xlsx, or .pptx attachment from your Library or select the “Google Drive” tab on the left and select a Doc, Sheet, or Slide from your Google Drive.
Note: When you create an Assignment using the Make Copies feature, you will see an attachment in your stream that states “Each recipient will get a copy." However, your Students can access their copy of the attachment in their Assignment submission page by clicking the “Open Assignment” button. To learn how Students can open and submit their copies of your Assignment, see this article.
Check out our FAQs article for common tricks and tips!