We are excited to share the all-new Make Copies of Edmodo Assignments feature! With just one click, you can create an individual copy of your Assignment attachments for each Student to edit and submit. It works seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and Students can start working instantly. No more copy machines!
1) How do I make copies of my Assignment attachments for my Students?
You'll now see a new drop down menu next to compatible files that you attach when composing an Assignment. Learn more here.
2) Where can my Students access their copies and start working?
Students can find their copies in their Assignment submission page. Their own individual copies are in the center area of the page, while general attachments can be found in the right-hand side panel. Learn more here.
3) What files are compatible with the new Make Copies feature?
Make Copies is compatible with Microsoft and Google word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation files:
- Microsoft Office files: Word (.docx), Excel (.xlsx), and PowerPoint (.pptx)
- Google Suite files: Docs, Sheets, and Slides
Note: Make Copies is not compatible with older Microsoft Office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt), PDF files, or image files.
4) Who owns the actual copies? Will Students always be able to edit their copies, even after they submit them?
The Teacher who creates the copies is the official owner of the files. This allows them to always have access to their Students' work and have the ability to make suggestions or give feedback.
Students gain editing rights to their copy as soon as the Assignment becomes available to them. However, once they turn in their Assignment, they lose the ability to edit (they can still make suggestions in Google) so that they cannot change their work after they submit it.
When a Teacher requests a resubmission, Students regain editing rights so that they can make revisions or correct their work.
5) Can I make copies if my Students and I are not connected to Google Drive?
If a Teacher or Student is not connected to Google Drive, they will be prompted to connect it to their Edmodo account when trying to use the Make Copies feature with Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
Teachers and Students do not need to use Google Drive if using the Make Copies feature with Microsoft Office files (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx).
6) If I make copies of a Google file (Doc, Sheet, Slide), where in my Google Drive do the files get stored?
Copies of Google files are organized in the Teacher's Google Drive, in a folder named "Edmodo". To access a specific file, please navigate to Edmodo > [Group Name] > [Assignment Name] to see all the copies made for the specific Group and Assignment.