Your school or district has integrated with Edmodo to automatically enable accounts for teachers and students and to set up online classrooms which have already been rostered with all of your students.
Whether you’ve used Edmodo before or this is your first time, there are a few things to know about Edmodo now that your district has decided to integrate.
Assisting Students with Edmodo
All of your students should already be enrolled in Edmodo and rostered in the correct classes. Please check with an administrator before creating new accounts for students, so you can avoid creating duplicate accounts.
If you used Edmodo before your school or district completed the integration, all of your students’ prior work will carry over to their new accounts.
In many cases, students will log into Edmodo using the same process as teachers. Instruct students to log in using Clever, Office 365, Launchpad, or the method your administrator recommends. If you need to assist a student by having them log in directly on www.edmodo.com, and the student doesn’t know his or her Edmodo login, you can look it up for them in any Classes in which the student was enrolled:
- From your Class page, click the “Members” tab.
- You can view an individual student’s username on their member card.
- To change a student’s password, select “Manage” then “Change Password.”
- If desired, print a list of all students in your Class by selecting “Member Options” then “Print.”
If there are students that aren't appearing in your Classes, please see the "Adjusting your Class Settings and Rosters" section below.
Adjusting Your Account Settings
New Edmodo Accounts may be created for teachers and students by the school or district administrator. While many Account Settings can be freely adjusted, some changes must be made by the school or district administrator.
Adjust personal Account Settings, including your Title, Name, Primary Email, and School.
- Because teacher and student accounts are maintained by your school or district, you may be unable to adjust these settings manually within your Account Settings menu.
- Some administrators allow teachers and/or students to freely make changes to their Accounts (Please see Edit Your Account Settings).
Your administrator will be able to provide assistance if you can’t adjust any of these settings from Edmodo.
Other Teacher and Student Account features, such as Profile information, function as expected. To learn more about how to update Profile information, please see the Teacher Profiles Help Center section.
Enable Your Classes
Your school or district has already set up Classes for you on Edmodo and rostered all of your students in them. By default, these Classes are set to Read-Only, so that students cannot communicate within them unsupervised.
To take your Classes out of Read-Only mode and prepare them for instructional use:
- From your Class page, click the “Members” tab. From there, select “Member Options” then under the “Set all members to” menu, select “Contributors.”
You can also change your Class Settings so that you can moderate student posts and encourage Digital Citizenship. Learn more here.
Adjusting your Class Settings and Rosters
.You may want to adjust other Class Settings such as the Class Title or student rosters. Not all Class Settings can be adjusted for Classes that were set up by your school or district.
Adjusting student rosters or adding co-teachers.
- Because Class rosters are maintained by your school or district, you may be unable to adjust these settings manually within your Class Settings menu.
- Some administrators allow teachers to freely make roster changes to Classes that they set up (Please see Adding Students to a Class / Adding a Co-Teacher)
Adjusting the Class Title and Description.
- Because Class information is maintained by your school or district, you may be unable to adjust these settings manually within your Class Settings menu.
- Some administrators allow teachers to freely make Class information changes to Classes that they set up (Please see Edit Your Class)
Archiving your Class at the end of a Marking Period.
- Classes that are set up by your school or district will be automatically archived at the end of your Marking Period..
- Some administrators allow teachers to freely Delete or Archive Classes at the teacher’s discretion (Please see Archive or Delete Your Class)
Your administrator will be able to provide assistance if you can’t adjust any of the above Class Settings from Edmodo.
All other Class features on Edmodo function as expected for Classes set up by a school or district administrator. To learn more about how to use features such as using Small Groups and Group Folders, see the Groups Help Center section.
Using Edmodo with Google and Microsoft Office