Using Folders allows you to keep your Library organized and share material and resources with a Class/Group. Read below to learn more about the different options teachers have to add and remove contents to any Library Folder:
- Bulk Action Options
- Add Existing Library Files to a Folder
- Upload Items to a Folder from your Library or Class/Group Directly
- Removing Files from a Folder
Bulk action options are available for any Library file and can help teachers take action quickly on a variety of items. To take bulk action on any number of files, folders, etc in your Library, simply check the boxes to the left of the item. Once you have selected the items, you will have the following actions:
- Move : Relocate the items
- Copy : Create a second copy of the items
- Delete : Delete the selected items
It's easy to move or copy an existing file in your Library and add it to a folder. To do so, simply:
- Navigate to your Library
- Locate the file
- Click on More to to right of the file
- Select the action you'd like to take on the file from the options: Move or Copy
- Select the Folder you want to add the file to > Done
You can easily add files to your Edmodo Folders from your local device. Files can be uploaded through your Library or Class/Group Folder view.
To add a file to an Edmodo Folder:
- Navigate to the Folder you want to add files to
- Click the blue New button in the top right-hand corner > File Upload
- Click on Select Files to choose files from your local device that you want to upload. Allow them to upload completely before closing the window.
There may be times when a file needs to be updated or removed from a Folder. Removing items from a Folder can be done from your Library of Class/Group Folder view.
To remove a file from a Folder:
- Navigate to the Folder you want to remove an item from
- Locate the file you want to remove
- Select More to the right of the file's name > Delete
Note: Removing an item from a Shared Folder, either from within your Library view or the Class/Group's Shared Folder view will remove that item from both places.