Polls are a great way to get immediate feedback on an Assignment, reading, or current event. They can be used to activate background knowledge for students.They are easy to create and administer:
- Click on the "Poll" tab in the top toolbar.
- Click in the Question field and type your question.
- Type in answer choices in the fields for Answer #1 and Answer #2.
- Click "Add Answer" if you would like to add more answer choices.
- Click in the "Send to" field and choose a Group, student, or teacher to send the Poll to.
- Click on the "Send Later" icon below the "Send to" field to send it out in the future. If you don't click "Send Later", it will be sent out immediately.
- When finished, click the "Send" button.
Note: Polls have a 140 character limit. Once you send out a Poll, you cannot edit the Poll. Also, Teachers cannot see which student gave which response. If you need a non-anonymous Poll, try giving a one question Quiz, then you'll be able to see the individual results.
Watch how EdmodoCon 2014 presenter Robert Miller uses polls in his Edmodo groups!