Creating an assignment on Edmodo is easy. Assignment Posts will show up in the Class/Group members' Group or Class Stream, and will automatically be added to the members' Planners. The Class/Group members can easily turn in the assignment right in Edmodo.
To post a new assignment to one or more of your classes or groups, follow these instructions.
- Select the “Assignment” tab located in the post bubble at the top of your group’s page.
- Fill out the following details for the Assignment:
- Assignment title
- Description of the Assignment
- Due date (set by clicking on the calendar icon)
- Due time (select a time deadline for the assignment on the due date)
- Send Now: Clicking the "Send" button will send the post immediately (posts will appear on the Post Stream in the order they were sent.)
- Send Later: Clicking the "Send Later" icon - - will automatically send the post at the chosen time. Make sure the time zone listed in your account settings is the same for all teachers and students.) After you select the date and time to schedule the assignment, hit "Send" to add it to your scheduled posts queue.
Note: If you send an Assignment to individual students, instead of to a whole class/group, it won't show up automatically in the Progress Book. You will have to navigate to the Assignment results in the Progress Book, enter the assignment if it’s not there already, and manually enter the student’s score. Attaching an image to the assignment may lower the image resolution.