You may want to turn moderation on for Class or Group members. This means that members will not be able to post until you confirm their post or turn moderation off. Members can turn in assignments and quizzes, but not post directly while moderation is on:
- Click on the Class/Group on the left panel of your Edmodo Homepage.
- Click the Settings icon to the right of your tabs.
- Click "Advanced Settings."
- Check the box next to “Moderate All Posts and Replies.”
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
- When a member makes a post, an approval request will show up in your Notifications and at the top of the Class/Group Post Stream for you to approve or deny the Post.
Note: You can also restrict a student's ability to post by setting them to Read-Only. Please see here for more information: Set a Specific Member to Read-Only.
You will get a Notification when you have a Post to approve. To approve Posts sent to your Group from your Notifications:
- Click on the Bell Notification icon
- Click "View Message"
- Click "Accept" to allow the message to Post to the Class/Group. Clicking deny will prevent it from Posting to the Group. The member will not be notified.
In addition, you can click "See all" and it will take you to the Notifications Page. Click on "Posts to Moderate", and you can view each message. Click "Approve" to allow the message into the Class/Group, or deny to prevent it from posting in the group. The member will not be notified.