You may want to turn moderation on for Group members. This means that Group members will not be able to post until you confirm their post or turn moderation off. Members can turn in assignments and quizzes, but not post directly while moderation is on:
- Click on the Group on the left panel of your Edmodo Homepage.
- Click the Group Settings icon to the right of your Group tabs.
- Click "Manage Group."
- Check the box next to “Moderate All Posts and Replies.”
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
- When a member in the Group makes a post, an approvalrequest will show up in your Notifications and at the top of the Group's Post Stream for you to approve or deny the Post.
Note: You can also restrict a student's ability to post by setting them to Read-Only. Please see here for more information: Set a Specific Member to Read-Only.
You will get a Notification when you have a Post to approve. To approve Posts sent to your Group from your Notifications:
- Click on the Bell Notification icon
- Click "View Message"
- Click "Accept" to allow the message to Post to the Group. Clicking deny will prevent it from Posting to the Group. The Group member will not be notified.
To approve a Post from within a Group:
- Click the Group from the left Group Sidebar.
- Click the red bar at the top of your Post Stream to see all Posts awaiting approval within that Group.