It's easy to get started creating Quizzes for your Classes. Once you have created the Quiz, then you need to send the Quiz to your Class so they can complete the Quiz. To get started, do the following:
- Select the add button located at the top of your Edmodo Class page.
- Click “Create Quiz” to create a new Quiz or follow these instructions if you are loading a previously created Quiz.
- Fill in the following Quiz Details:
- Quiz Title and Instructions
- Time Limit - set a time limit for students to complete the Quiz, maximum time limit is 1440 minutes or 24 hours.
- Show results - check this box to show students their Quiz results when they are finished, including the questions they got right and wrong.
- Randomize questions - check this box to randomize question order for each student taking the Quiz.
- Lock after due date - check this box to prevent students from taking the Quiz after the due date has passed.
- Select the question type from the dropdown menu. Choose from multiple choice, true/false, short answer, fill in the blank, or matching.
- Use the buttons below the Question Text textbox to attach files or links from your device, your Edmodo Library, or from an external website.
- Add Responses. The response fields will vary depending on the question type.
- For multiple choice questions, you start with three responses by default. You can add additional responses below, or move your mouse over a response that you want to remove and click on the x icon that appears to the right of it.
- For fill in the blank questions, use ‘_’(underscores) to specify where you would like a blank to appear in the question.
- Change the “points field if you would like (the question is automatically set to 1 point, but you can set it to a higher number to give it more weight. You cannot make a question be worth less than 1 point.)
- Select + Add Question at the bottom to add a new question. To insert a question between two existing questions, hover your mouse over the line between two questions and click on the add button .
Follow these steps to send the Quiz to your Class:
- Fill out the following details for sending your Quiz:
- Assign to – if you created this Quiz from a Class page, the class will automatically be added as a recipient. You can search for and add additional Classes or individual students to receive this Quiz.
- Due on – choose a due date and time for your Quiz
- Show results to student upon completion – check this box to allow students to see which questions they answered correctly, as well as the correct answer for each question, after submitting the Quiz.
- Lock after due date – check this box to prevent students from taking the Quiz after the due date.
- Randomize Questions – check this box to randomize question order for each student taking the Quiz.
- Add to gradebook – check this box to automatically add the Quiz and your students’ scores to your Class's Progress Book. If you forget this step you can add it later.
- Schedule for later – check this box to select a future date and time when this Quiz will be sent out to your recipients.
Note: If you send a Quiz to individual students, rather than the whole Class, the results will not be added automatically to your Progress Book. You will have to find the Quiz results in your What's Due and then manually enter the scores into your Progress Book.