It's easy to get started creating Quizzes for your Classes. Once you have created the Quiz, then you need to send the Quiz to your Class so they can complete the Quiz. To get started, do the following:
- Select the add button located at the top of your Edmodo Class page.
- Click “Create Quiz” to create a new Quiz or follow these instructions if you are loading a previously created Quiz.
- Fill in the Quiz Details:
- Click Quiz Questions on the left panel.
- Create Quiz questions:
- Select the question type from the dropdown menu. Choose from multiple choice, true/false, short answer, fill in the blank, or matching. For more information on these types, scroll down.
- Use the buttons below the Question Text textbox to attach files or links from your device, your Edmodo Library, or from an external website.
- Add Responses. The response fields will vary depending on the question type.
- For multiple choice questions, you start with three responses by default. You can add additional responses below, or move your mouse over a response that you want to remove and click on the x icon that appears to the right of it.
- For fill in the blank questions, use ‘_’(underscores) to specify where you would like a blank to appear in the question.
- Change the “points field if you would like (the question is automatically set to 1 point, but you can set it to a higher number to give it more weight. You cannot make a question be worth less than 1 point.)
- Select + Add Question at the bottom to add a new question. To insert a question between two existing questions, hover your mouse over the line between two questions and click on the add button .
- You can go back and edit questions by scrolling up. Click the Duplicate question or Delete Question buttons to copy or remove a question.
- To reorder questions, use the 6 dots icon on the left of each question to drag and drop the question into the desired order.
- Select Preview at the top to preview the Quiz just as a student would see it.
- Select Save & Close at the top to close the Quiz editor. You can assign this Quiz from your Class page or from the Library at a future time.
- Select the Assign button to send the Quiz to your Class immediately.
Types of Questions:
There are different types of questions that you can create in Edmodo, including recently added options. Here's a quick rundown of them.
Multiple Choice: You can create questions with a multiple choice format for answering, with no limit of how many number of options you can present to the students.
Multiple Answer: New to Edmodo is the ability to select the Multiple Answer question type. This allows teachers to set more than one required answer selection for multiple choice questions.
True/False: You also have the option of creating true/false questions. Simply type in the statement, and select whether or not it is true or false.
Matching: The matching question type allows you to present two rows of possible responses that students will have to match up together.
- New Distractor Feature: Distractor answers have been added to Matching questions. For matching pairs, teachers can now choose to display extra answers to increase question difficulty.
Fill in the Blank: This question type will ask students to fill in the blank in the text that you put forth. When creating this type of question, use '__' underscores to specify where you would like to appear in the text below. Students will need to answer in the exact order for the question to be marked as correct.
Short Answer: Short answer question types will ask students to write a short response to a prompt. Unlike the previous question types, the response will not be automatically graded. You will need to grade the responses yourself.
Follow these steps to send the Quiz to your Class:
- Fill out the following details for sending your Quiz:
- Assign to – if you created this Quiz from a Class page, the class will automatically be added as a recipient. You can search for and add additional Classes or individual students to receive this Quiz.
- Due on – choose a due date and time for your Quiz
- Show results to student upon completion – check this box to allow students to see which questions they answered correctly, as well as the correct answer for each question, after submitting the Quiz.
- Lock after due date – check this box to prevent students from taking the Quiz after the due date.
- Randomize Questions – check this box to randomize question order for each student taking the Quiz.
- Add to gradebook – check this box to automatically add the Quiz and your students’ scores to your Class's Progress Book. If you forget this step you can add it later.
- Schedule for later – check this box to select a future date and time when this Quiz will be sent out to your recipients.
- Select Assign to send the Quiz.
Note: If you send a Quiz to individual students, rather than the whole Class, the results will not be added automatically to your Progress Book. You will have to find the Quiz results in your What's Due and then manually enter the scores into your Progress Book.