With over 60,000,000 users, Edmodo is the largest, free K-12 social learning network in the world. Joining Edmodo provides access to many collaborative opportunities from subject Topics to teacher-groups and PD groups. These features make it easy to share and discover proven teaching resources, have group discussions, and more. As a teacher, sharing and mentoring is at the core of what you do, so, why not help grow the network and guide your fellow teachers on to Edmodo?
With the Invitations feature, you can become an Edmodo pioneer by inviting your colleagues to your network on Edmodo, and helping support them through the onboarding process. Not only will you lead your colleagues and the teaching profession to new heights, but you will also unlock special Badges for your efforts!
To invite other teachers to Edmodo, simply follow these steps:
- Click the “down arrow” on the right of the top toolbar, and select “Profile.”
- Click “Invite Teachers” at the bottom of the left panel.
- Enter the email addresses of the teachers you’d like to invite, and click “Send Invitations.”
- To import your contacts, choose one of the icons to the right of the box - Google, Outlook, or Yahoo.
Or, invite teachers from your “Invitations” page:
- Click the “down arrow” dropdown menu and select “Invitations.”
- Enter a colleague’s email.
- Click “Send Invitation” to send them an email invite to Edmodo. Inviting two teachers will unlock an Edmodo Badge!
- View the status of your invitees under “Track Progress.”
After inviting teachers to Edmodo, you can track their progress and continue to help them onboard students. To track their onboarding progress:
- Click the “down arrow” dropdown menu, then “Invitations” to view all of your invitations.
- Under “Track Progress" select "View details" to view your invitations.
Unlocking Badges for inviting and onboarding teachers
As you lead others through signing up and onboarding on Edmodo, you will also unlock new Badges for your Profile. This Badge will be upgraded over time, and as you achieve more advanced Badges, they will replace the older ones. Hover over the “Unlock your Next Badge” message on the Invitations page to learn how to unlock your next Badge.
Inviting other teachers without using their email address
If you’d like to continue to grow your network by inviting teachers to Edmodo, but don’t have their email addresses, you can use the personal invitation link as an alternative. Anyone can use the personal invite link to sign up through your unique invitation page and this will also contribute towards your badges! Find out more about how to find your personal invitation link here.