Your Class/Group Code is the key for students to join a Class/Group or create an account. To prevent any unwanted users from joining your Class/Group, these Codes automatically lock after 14 days of creating a the class/group or resetting the code. If a locked code or old code is used, a request to join the class/group will be sent to the teacher for their approval. Please read the following instructions to manually lock or unlock a code.
Note: Teachers can access their Code through the third right column or through the Settings.
To manually lock a code:
- Go to the class or group's main page, and click on the Group Code button.
- Select thebutton next to the Code on the upper part of the pop-up, and select Lock Group.
To reset a code without locking it:
- Go to the class or group's main page, and click the Group Code button.
- Then click theto the right of the code in the upper half of the pop-up, then click Reset Code.
To unlock a code,
- Go to the class or group's main page, and click the Group Code LOCKED icon.
- Select thebutton next to the LOCKED button in the upper part of the pop-up, and select Unlock Group.
Note: Students can still use locked codes to join a class/group, but they will not be joined to the class/group automatically. The owner will have to approve their join request before they are added to the class/group.