Many teachers choose to set their entire class to read-only status if their students are still learning about digital citizenship. Once a Class is set to read-only, students can see everything their teacher posts to the Class, but they cannot post directly themselves; they can only send direct messages to the teacher, submit assignments and quizzes, and respond to polls. To change an entire Class to read only, follow these steps:
- Select the Group/Class from the left panel.
- From the Group/Class page, click the “Members” tab.
- At the top of the member list page, click the more icon .
- Select “Read-Only" from the dropdown menu.
- Click the blue "Yes" button to confirm.
You can take all members off Read-Only at any time by clicking on "Member Options" and selecting “Contributor."
Note: If you only would like to set individual students to read only, please see Set an Individual Member to Read Only.