You may want to set any new members in your class/group to read-only status without affecting the current status of any current members. This means that any student who joins your class/group after you enable this setting will not be able to post or reply until you enable that ability. To set all new members to Read Only:
- Click on the Group/Class on the left panel of your Edmodo Homepage.
- Click the “Settings” tab with the icon.
- Click "Advanced Settings."
- Check the box next to “Default all new members to read-only.”
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
Note: You can turn individual students off of read-only, giving them the ability to post and reply, by going to the Members tab, clicking "Manage" next to the student's name, and clicking "Student" in the Access section. For more detailed instructions, see here: Turn off Read Only for an Individual Student