You may want to set any new members in your class/group to read-only status without affecting the current status of any current members. This means that any student who joins your class/group after you enable this setting will not be able to post or reply until you enable that ability. To set all new members to Read Only:
- Click on the Group/Class on the left panel of your Edmodo Homepage.
- Click the icon in the upper left corner of the page.
- Click "Advanced Settings."
- Check the box next to “Default all new members to read-only.”
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
Note: You can turn individual students off of read-only, giving them the ability to post and reply, by going to the Members tab > clicking on the more icon next to the student's name and select the option "Student Contributor". For more detailed instructions, see here: Turn off Read Only for an Individual Student