Notes are the easiest way to send a post to your entire Class or Group. They appear within your Class or Group stream and are visible to all members.
To send a Note to your Class or Group, follow the steps below.
How to send a Note to a Class or Group:
- Select a Class or Group on the left panel.
- Click on the Class composer at the top of your Class stream.
- Type your message in the pop up box.
- Click the Library icon or the attachment icon to upload attachments to your post.
- Choose to post or schedule the post:
- Post now: Clicking the Post button will send the note immediately (all posts will appear on the Class/Group stream in the order they were sent.)
- Scheduled: Clicking the schedule icon will automatically send the note at the chosen time (make sure the timezones in the account settings are the same for teachers and students.)
Teachers can post to recipients and multiple Classes and Groups by typing in the send to field of the Class composer. Your post can be sent to the following recipients:
- Classes or Groups: Any of your Classes or Groups.
- Parent Groups: Type in the Group name and select the parent option in the drop-down list that appears, e.g., “Math (Parents).”
- You can send a message to multiple Classes or Groups at once. However, all of the Classes and Groups that are copied on your post can see the replies to your post. To keep replies separate, send posts individually to each Class/Group.
- Notes sent to Groups are automatically sent to the associated parents also. To post a Note to parents only, you must choose the Group named that is followed by (Parents) in to the send to field.