To send a Note to your Class or Group, follow the steps below.
How to send a Note to a Class or Group:
- Select a Class or Group on the left sidebar
- Click on "Note" in the composer at the top of your stream.
- Type your message in the text box.
- Click the “Files,” “Links,” or “Library” link options to upload attachments to your post.
- Choose to Send Now or Scheduled:
- Send Now: Clicking the "Send" button will send the post immediately (posts will appear on the Post Stream in the order they were sent.)
- Scheduled: Clicking the "Scheduled" icon will automatically send the post at the chosen time (make sure the timezones in the Account Settings are the same for teachers and students.)
Teachers can post to recipients and multiple Classes and Groups by typing in the “Send to” field of the post bubble. Your post can be sent to the following recipients:
- All My Groups: Sends a post to all of the Classes and Groups you own.
- All My Connections: All of your teacher connections.
- Classes or Groups: Any of your Classes or Groups.
- Parent Groups: Type in the Group name and select the parent option in the drop-down list that appears, e.g., “Math (Parents).”
- You can send a message to multiple Classes or Groups at once. However, all of the Classes and Groups that are copied on your post can see the replies to your post. To keep replies separate, send posts individually to each class/group.
- Notes sent to groups are automatically sent to the associated Parents also. To post a Note to parents only, you must choose the group named that is followed by "Parents" in to the "Send To" field.