You can easily use Messages (direct messaging) to have individual conversations with your students, their parents or any of your Teacher Connections. You can also create group conversations with multiple members as well.
To start a conversation:
- Select the Messages from the top toolbar
- Select the blue pencil icon composer in the top left corner.
- Type the name of the student(s) and/or connection(s) in the To field
- Type your message in the text field at the bottom of the main panel
- Click Send
To delete an individual message within a conversation:
- Hover the mouse over the message bubble you want to delete > More icon (next to the message) > Delete
To hide/archive/delete an entire conversation:
- Click the gear icon at the top of your conversation list
- Click hide/archive/delete.
- Hide: Keeps the conversation active, but moves it out of your view of recent conversations and moves it into the hidden view.
- Archive: Closes the conversation but preserves all the previous messages. (Group conversations only)
- Delete: Closes the conversation and removes all the previous messages. (Group conversations only)
Note: You can unhide conversations in the hidden view by selecting HIDDEN MESSAGES in the filter at the top of your conversation list and clicking the gear icon and selecting Unhide.
Note: You can unarchive a conversation by clicking on the gear icon and selecting Unarchive.
Teachers can send a message to:
- Students who in their Classes/Groups
- Parents who are connected to Students in their Classes/Groups
- Teachers who are in their Classes/Groups
- Teachers who are a Teacher Connection
Students can send a message to:
- Their teachers (Teachers and Co-Teachers whose Class/Group they belong to)
- Their parents (Parents who are connected to their account)
Parents can send a message to:
- Their children's teachers (Teachers whose Class/Group their child belongs to)
- Their children (Students who they connected to)
Conversation Info Panel:
In the information panel on the right side of each conversation, you can access the following:
1. Settings - Hide (any conversation) or Archive, Delete or Rename (group conversations only) options can be found by clicking the gear icon
2. People - Lists all the participants of a conversation including their account type. Clicking on a Student/Teacher account views their profile.
3. Files - Displays a link to any file attachments sent in the conversation from any participant. Clicking on the file will open it. Clicking on the more button lets you add the file to your Library or Backpack.