You can easily use Messages (direct messaging) to have individual conversations with your students, their parents, or any of your Teacher Connections. You can also create group conversations with multiple members as well.
To start a conversation:
- Select the "Messages" icon on the top tool bar.
- Select the blue pencil icon composer in the top left corner.
- Type the name of the student(s) and/or connection(s) in the "To" field
- Type your message in the text field at the bottom of the main panel above the attachment options.
- Click "Send."
To delete an individual message:
- Hover the mouse over the message bubble you want to delete.
- Click on the ellipses symbol that appears next to the message.
- Select "Delete."
To hide/archive/delete an entire conversation:
- Click the gear icon in the list of conversations on the left or in the information panel on the right.
- Click hide/archive/delete.
- Hide: Keeps the conversation active, but moves it out of your view of recent conversations and moves it into the hidden view.
- Archive: Closes the conversation, but preserves all the previous messages. (Group conversations only)
- Delete: Closes the conversation, and removes all the previous messages. (Group conversations only)
Note: You can unhide conversations in the hidden view by selecting HIDDEN MESSAGES in the filter at the top of your conversation list and clicking the gear icon and selecting "Unhide".
Note: You can unarchive a conversation by clicking on the gear icon and selecting "Unarchive."
Teachers can send a message to:
- Students who in their Classes/Groups
- Parents who are connected to Students in their Classes/Groups
- Teachers who are in their Classes/Groups
- Teachers who are a Teacher Connection
Students can send a message to:
- Their teachers (Teachers and Co-Teachers whose Class/Group they belong to)
- Their parents (Parents who are connected to their account)
Parents can send a message to:
- Their children's teachers (Teachers whose Class/Group their child belongs to)
- Their children (Students who they connected to)
Conversation Info Panel:
In the information panel on the right side of each conversation, you can access the following:
- Settings - Hide (any conversation) or Archive, Delete, or Rename (group conversations only) options can be found by clicking the gear icon.
- People - Lists all the participants of a conversation, including their account type. Clicking on a Student/Teacher account views their profile.
- Files - Displays a link to any file attachments sent in the conversation from any participant. Clicking on the file will open it. Clicking on the ellipses symbol lets you add the file to your Library or Backpack.