You can easily use Messages (Direct Messaging) to have individual conversations with your students, their parents or any of your Teacher Connections. You can also create group conversations with multiple members as well. Learn more about our messaging features:
- Click on Messages from your top toolbar
- Select the blue Composer in the top left corner
- Type the name of the student(s) and/or connection(s) in the To... field
- Type your message in the text field at the bottom of the main panel
- Click SEND
- Click on Settings at the top of your conversation list
- Select Hide
- Hide: Keeps the conversation active, but moves it out of your view of recent conversations and moves it into the hidden view
- Unhide: You can unhide conversations in the hidden view by selecting RECENT > HIDDEN MESSAGES filter at the top of your conversation list. Click on Settings > Unhide
Teachers can send a message to:
- Students who are in their Classes/Groups
- Parents who are connected to Students in their Classes/Groups
- Teachers who are in their Classes/Groups
- Teachers who are a Teacher Connection
Students can send a message to:
- Their Class/Group teachers. Teachers must be a Class owner or a Co-Teacher.
- Any Parent account linked to their Student account
Parents can send a message to:
- Their child's teachers. These teachers must be either the Class owner or a Co-Teacher.
- Their linked child
In the information panel on the right side of each conversation, you can access the following:
- Settings : Hide (any conversation)
- People - List of all the participants of a conversation including their account type. Clicking directly on the Student/Teacher account will take you to their Profile.
- Files: Displays a link to any file attachments sent in the conversation from any participant. Clicking on the file itself will open it and clicking on More allows you to add the file to your Library or Backpack.