To send out a quick Poll to check for understanding after a lesson or assess students' prior knowledge, follow these steps:
- Click on "Poll" at the top of your center panel of your Edmodo Homepage or Group page.
- Type your Poll question in the Question box.
- Type the answers you'd like students to choose from in the answer boxes. You can select "Add Answer" if you'd like to have additional answers for students to choose from.
- Choose to Send Now or Send Later:
- Send Now: Clicking the "Send" button will send the Poll immediately (posts will appear on the Post Stream in the order they were sent).
- Send Later: Clicking the "Send Later" icon will automatically send the Poll at the scheduled time (make sure the timezone settings are the same for teachers and students).
5. Type the name of a student, teacher, or Group into the “Send to” field. (Edmodo will provide auto suggestions as you begin to type).
Note: If you choose the post to send when scheduled, it will only save as previously loaded once it is sent. Poll results are anonymous. You cannot see which student gave which response. Students can only select one answer in a Poll.