A Direct Message is a private message that will only be visible by you and your teacher. Students only have permission to direct message their Teachers and Co-Teachers. Student to student direct messaging is not available unless their teacher or co-teacher has created a chat for them. See below for details on direct messaging permissions for students.
To send a Direct Message:
- Navigate to Messages located in your top toolbar
- Select Write in the top left corner
- Type the name of the teacher in the To: Send to... field
- Type your message in the text message box located at the bottom of your screen. Options to Insert Emoji , Add from Backpack , or Attach Files are available to include your message.
- Click Send
To delete a Direct Message:
- Hover over the Direct Message
- Click on More located to the left of the message
- Click Delete
To hide or restore a conversation:
- Click on Settings to the right of the conversation > Hide
- To restore a hidden chat, click on Recent at the top of your Messages list > Hidden Conversation
Note: If you send a new message in a hidden conversation, it will be restored within the regular conversations view.