A Direct Message is a private message that will only be visible by you and your Teacher. See below for details on direct messaging permissions for Students.
To send a Direct Message:
- Navigate to Messages located on your top Tool Bar
- Select the pencil composer in the top left corner
- Type the name of the teacher in the To: Send to... field
- Type your message in the Text Message Box located at the bottom of your screen
- Options to Insert Emoji , Add from Backpack , or Attach Files are available to include your message.
- Click Send
To delete a Direct Message:
- Hover over the Direct Message
- Click on the ellipsislocated to the left of the message
- Click Delete
To hide or restore a conversation:
- Click the gear to the right of the conversation > Hide.
- To restore a Hidden Conversation, click on Recent at the top of your Messages list
- Select Hidden Conversation
- If you send a new message in a Hidden Conversation, it will be restored within the regular conversations view.
Note: Students can only message their Teachers and Co-Teachers and other Students if their Teacher or Co-Teacher is included on the message.