As Edmodo continues to grows, we understand the importance of offering our product in many different languages. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Edmodo Translator, please let us know! We are always looking for volunteers to help out in this important effort. Please read our Translator FAQs below.
Who are you looking for to become Edmodo Translators?
It’s simple, we’re looking for three things:
- Fluency in English and native speaker of (or advanced fluency in) at least one other language.
- Willingness to donate a few hours every week or month to making new updates or revisions to our Edmodo translations, especially when we launch a new product or feature (as an added bonus, you’ll get some sneak peeks of the upcoming releases!)
- Most importantly, we want passionate Edmodo users who are looking to make a lasting impact on the Edmodo site.
How do I become an Edmodo Translator?
Signing up to become an Edmodo translator is easy! All you need to do is fill out our short translator request form.
Once you have received approval from our internal translation task force, you will officially become an Edmodo Translator and have access to translate our product using our translation tool. Request access here.
I am an Edmodo Translator, how do I access the translation tool?
Once you are an Edmodo Translator, you will have instant access to our Edmodo Translation Center, which is an app on Edmodo. To access the Edmodo Translation Center app:
- Click on “Apps Launcher” located at the Apps Toolbar on the right side of your account
- Click on the “Edmodo Translation Center” app to launch it. You can always choose to have this app in your “5 Top Favorite Apps” for easier access.
How do I use the Edmodo Translation Center app?
Once you have launched the app:
- Click “Edmodo.com” to translate the Edmodo website, which is our current focus
- Type your Language in the “Search” bar or simply scroll down then select the language that you would like to translate (e.g., Español, Français , etc.)
- Click on the language
- Select what you would like to translate or review:
- All Files: In this view you can see files separated in categories that will appear in alphabetical order.
- All Words
- Not Yet Translated
- Not Yet Finalized
- More Filter
Something isn’t working, how do I receive support for this app?
The Edmodo Translation Center App was developed by our partner OneSky, a third party company. If you find any issue related to the app, please contact OneSky Support and they will be happy to assist (click here to find out how to contact app partners.) Also consider posting to the Edmodo Translators group to find out if anyone else has encountered the issue you’re having and already resolved it.
How do I connect with other Edmodo Translators?
Once you are an Edmodo Translator, you will also be added to our Edmodo Translators group. This group is a great place to ask questions about the translation app, brainstorm ideas, and share success stories.