Do you love helping other educators enhance their practice? Are you passionate about reaching others who need direct instruction to get started with Edmodo? Do you already lead professional development in your region, or are you interested in doing so? Do you love to present at conferences and host workshops? If so, review the below information to find out how to become a Certified Trainer and start providing Edmodo PD to your peers!
Who are the Edmodo Certified Trainers?
Edmodo Certified Trainers provide engaging and effective face-to-face training opportunities across the world to ensure all educators have the tools they need to harness the power of the Edmodo network and increase learning outcomes for students.
- Edmodo Ambassador status or referral by an Edmodo Team member
- Certified Trainer Application Form: This form will be shared with Edmodo Ambassadors and referrals when we are ready to launch a new cohort and includes contact information, background on your role in education, and evidence of professional development experience/statement of desire to lead others in formal Edmodo PD.
- Completion of a "Train the Trainer" course: This course is delivered through live Edmodo webinars and coursework completed in an Edmodo group. Details of this course will be shared with you when you application is accepted.
- Upon completion of all requirements, you will receive:
- The Edmodo Certified Trainer digital badge: This can be shared on your website, blog, email signature, etc.
- Letter of completion: This letter explains, in detail, the work you have completed as a participant in the train the trainer course for the ECT program
- Certificate naming you an official “Edmodo Certified Trainer”
Certified Trainers enjoy exclusive opportunities and benefits, such as:
- Membership in the ECT Professional Learning Community (PLC), connecting you to Edmodo Learning Programs and a global network of your peers
- The official Edmodo Certified Trainer t-shirt
- Giveaways for training participants (2 requests per year)
- Use of the “Edmodo Certified Trainer” digital credential to market your services
- Invitation to attend future online or face-to-face professional learning opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for conference scholarships
- Eligibility to contract with Edmodo to fill training opportunities in your region
Status as an Edmodo Certified Trainer must be renewed each year by following the below steps:
- Host at least 2 face-to-face trainings for 10 or more educators each year
- Complete an annual summary (submitted via Google form) of training activities
- Receive satisfactory review on the Edmodo Training Evaluation form:
- Share this form at minimum with the 2 trainings you report to retain your status
- You are encouraged to share this form with all training participants
- Results report directly to Edmodo and will also be shared with you for review
- Be an active participant in the ECT (Edmodo Certified Trainer) PLC, responding to the Edmodo Team, sharing best practices, success stories, challenges, and resources with your peers.
- Remain sharp in your “Edmodo expertise” by:
- Reviewing new posts in the ECT PLC group at least once per week
- Following the Edmodo blog, Twitter, and What’s New Help Center page
- Attending or viewing recordings of all product update and program webinars
- “Rep” Edmodo with professionalism in Edmodo groups, communities, and face-to-face opportunities
Visit the Join the Movement page to learn more about how to get started with your application.
Thank you for your interest in the program and sharing the Edmodo love!