To ensure a standard of quality, remember to:
- Respect the intellectual property of others. You must adhere to copyright guidelines.
- Upload your own work. If you are also sharing a “favorite” free resource from the web, please give credit to the owner.
- Respond to comments and feedback. When you start sharing resources, your work will be rated. We encourage you to keep an eye on the ratings and comments to keep your items top notch.
- Provide engaging resources that are rigorous, scaffolded, applicable to the real world, inspire critical thinking, encourage student driven learning and exhibit strong questioning.
To best promote and build awareness for your resources:
- Accurately and carefully tag your items with appropriate grade, subject, resource type, and any related standards. This will help surface resources to others based on their interests.
- Upload at least one free item for download, so others can sample the quality of your work.
- Make your resources look great by adding engaging pictures for your thumbnails.
- Use social media. Follow Edmodo on Twitter (@edmodo) or like us on Facebook to get connected to our teacher following.
- Do not post unsolicited promotion within the Edmodo Communities that points back to your Edmodo Spotlight collections or resources. Instead, share links to your resources as a reply to someone who is clearly seeking something similar.
- Stay tuned for future opportunities to promote your work on the platform.
To determine the best pricing for the resources you want to sell:
- Name your desired price point. Setting your initial price is up to you and you can change it anytime.
- Think about the following when pricing your item: time it took to make it, how much time it is saving someone else, how hard it is to find similar resources, etc.
- Strive to provide resources that are high in value so you have more flexibility with pricing, versus adding “bargain” items. People expect to pay more for quality.
- Remember that you earn 60% on the items you sell; Edmodo will receive a revenue share of 40%.
Downloading & Purchasing
To ensure teachers and students get access to the very best resources:
- Rate only the items you have actually used or attempted to use. A 5-star item is for something you think every relevant teacher or student in the world should receive.
- Use comments to share constructive criticism, examples of how you used the item, praise, or other helpful details that your fellow users can learn from.
- Flag misuse or inappropriate content by emailing email@example.com with the link to the respective resource.
As you continue to use Edmodo Spotlight, here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- If you are not satisfied with your download, please let the creator know and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
- Respect intellectual property. Use the purchased resources with your students, but do not post them freely elsewhere or forward to others.
- When you download a resource, its creator will not get access to your personal information.
- Lead the charge in curation. Start assembling themed collections of resources to give yourself the opportunity to promote yourself as someone with excellent taste.