Welcome Edmodo Parents!
After your child has created a Student account, you can create a Parent account using your child's unique Parent Code. You will not use a Class Code as Parent accounts cannot join Classes directly. Once you create your Parent account, you are automatically observing any of your child's Classes/Groups.
To sign-up for a Parent account you will need an email address. If your email address is in use on your child's Student account, you can remove the email address from the Student account so that you can use it for your Parent account.
Note: Students under the age of 13 are not required to sign-up with an email address.
Read below for more information on the following parent sign up topics:
- How to Sign-up for a Parent Account Using my Mobile App (Android or iOS)
- What is a Parent Code?
- Where can I find my child's Parent Code?
- Download your Edmodo for Parents app on your mobile device (Android or iOS)
- Open your Edmodo for Parents app and click Create your Account
- Select your region location by using the dropdown menu > Next
- Enter your email and password then click Create Account
- Check your inbox to verify your email in order to continue setting up your account
- After verifying your email address, return back to your Edmodo sign up page and click Next
- Personalize your account's display name by inputting your first first and last name
- Input your unique Parent Code which can be located in your child's account > Add Child
Note: You only need one Parent account your entire time on Edmodo. Even if you have multiple children using Edmodo, you can add them all to one Parent account. There is never a need to create a new Parent account (and there is never a need for your child to create a new Student account either). If your child did create a new account, simply obtain the Parent Code associated with your child's new Student account and add it to your existing Parent account. As your child joins or leaves Classes, your Parent account will automatically update to reflect these changes.
Users now have the option to take advantage of Google, Microsoft or Apple single sign-on. To sign up with your external login credentials:
- Select your method of sign up: Google, Microsoft, or Apple
- Enter your applicable credentials
- Click Create Account
Next time you login, you can use your Google, Microsoft, or Apple single sign-on credentials.
Parent Codes are not the same as your child's Class Code. Each child has unique Parent Code. You do not have to share a Parent account with another parent, relative, or guardian. Multiple Parent accounts can be set up for one student. Simply is the same Parent Code found on the Student's account to create another Parent account.
You can find your child's Parent Code several ways. Learn more about where you can find your child's Parent Code:
- From your child's Student account via web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari: Your student's Parent Code is located on the bottom of the left panel.
- From the mobile app for Android or iOS:
- Select Profile in the top left corner
- Click Profile again
- Locate your Parent Code under Invite Parent
- From your child's Teacher: Your child's teacher can locate their Parent Code from within their class> Members