Welcome Edmodo Parents!
After your child has created a Student account, you can create a parent account using your child's unique Parent Code. You will not use a Class Code as Parent accounts cannot join Classes directly. Once you create your Parent account, you are automatically observing any Class that your child has joined in their Student account.
To sign up for a Parent account you will need an email address. If your email address is in use on your child's Student account, you can remove the email address from the Student account so that you can use it for your Parent account.
Note: Students under the age of 13 are not required to sign up with an email address.
How to Sign Up as a Parent:
- Go to the Edmodo homepage on a web browser (you can also sign up with the Edmodo for Parents Android App and iOS Apps)
- Select your location by using the drop down menu
- Enter your email and password and click Create your account. You also have the option of Signing Up with a Google, Microsoft or Apple account
- Next, you will be asked to verify your email. Please check your inbox to do so in order to continue
- After verifying your email address, click Next in your Parent account
- Complete your profile information by entering your first and last name
- Input your unique Parent Code. Please note that this is not the same as your child’s Class Code. The Parent Code is attached to your child's account. Each child has a different Parent Code. You can find your Parent Code in the following ways:
- Your child’s Edmodo Homepage on a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.): the Parent Code is located on the bottom of the left panel
- Your child's Edmodo account on an iOS or Android app: select Profile in the top left corner > tap Profile again > locate the Parent Code which is under Invite Parent.
- Your child's teacher can provide you with the Parent Code. Once you have it, parents can enter it in the pop-up box > Connect. If you miss this pop-up box, you can always connect to your child's account in the left panel by clicking Add a child
You only need one Parent account your entire time on Edmodo. Even if you have multiple children using Edmodo, you can add them all to one Parent account. There is never a need to create a new Parent account (and there is never a need for your child to create a new Student account either). If your child did create a new account, simply obtain the Parent Code associated with your child's new Student account and add it to your existing Parent account. As your child joins or leaves classes, your Parent account will automatically update to reflect these changes.
Note: Each child has a unique Parent Code. You do not have to share a Parent account with another parent, relative, or guardian. Multiple Parent accounts can be set up for one student. Simply use the same Parent Code found on the Student’s account to create another Parent account.