You can change Class and Group Settings on the Android and iOS apps. You can set group members to Read-only, turn on moderate posts and replies, lock your Group Code and much more. To edit your Class or Group Settings:
- Select “Classes” on the navigation bar or "My Groups" from the "More" menu. A list of Classes or Groups you own will show. You can also see a list of Classes and Groups you have joined and a list of your archived Classes and Groups.
- Select a Class or a Group you own.
- Tap on the “Group Settings” icon at the top right corner of the page.
Lock/Unlock Your Group Code:
The Group Code is they key for your students to access your Class or Group.
To ensure the owner of a Class or Group has control over who joins, the Group Code automatically locks after two weeks. However, you can lock or unlock the code on your own at any time. To lock or unlock the Group Code, simply:
- Click the "Lock/Unlock Group Code" link. If the Group Code was previously locked, a new Group Code will be generated.
- If the Group Code was previously unlocked, it will now be locked.
Note: Unlocking a Group Code will randomly generate a brand new Group Code. If students use an unlocked Group Code, then they are added to your Class or Group right away. If a locked Group Code is used to join, users will be placed in an approval queue and the owner will have to approve or deny the request.
Archive or Delete a Class/Group:
You can archive or delete a Class or Group, but we strongly recommend archiving instead of deleting them. Archiving a Class or Group will remove it from your Class/Groups List and restrict students from posting, but you will still have access to its Posts, Assignments, Quizzes, and Folders so they can easily be used again in the future. Deleting a Class or Group will delete all of its data, including all Student work and grades.
To delete or archive a Class or Group:
- Tap the "Archive Class/Group" link to archive the Class or Group.
- Tap the "Delete Class/Group" link to delete the Class or Group.