After setting up a School or District Network with a subdomain, a School or District Admin should Update the Contact for School Code Message for their Network. This Message directs Teachers whom they should Contact in your School or District Office to gain Access to your subdomain. This message will appear on the Sign In Page for your School or District subdomain.
To Set your Network's Contact for School Code Message:
- Switch to the Admin Account from your Teacher Account
- If your School or District Profile Page isn't currently displayed, click the "Profile" icon on the right side of the top menu bar.
- If there is information missing on your School or District Profile Page, the Edit Form will default to Edit mode. If the Form is not currently editable, click the “Edit Profile” button
- Update the Contact for School Code box in the bottom left of the middle panel
- Click the "Save Changes" button
Sample Contact Information:
"Please contact Thurgood Marshall at email@example.com to request your school code."
The Contact for School Code Message can also be used to Welcome Teachers and Students to your School or District Network by setting a Customized Welcome Message that will appear on your Subdomain Login Page. The Contact for School Code Message may be used to:
- Let Teachers know whom they should contact in your School or District Office to gain access to your Network
- Help Teachers and Students identify they are in a space protected by your School or District Administrator
- Show School Spirit or remind Teachers and Student of Core School or District Values
- Direct Teachers to Resources on your School or District's Edmodo Network
The Contact for School Code message is displayed when a Teacher goes to your School or District Subdomain Login Page. It will also appear when a Teacher attempts to Login to your School or District Network but has not yet supplied the School Code. See this Page for more information about Admitting Members to your School or District Network.