Creating an assignment on Edmodo is easy. Assignment Posts will show up in the Class/Group members' Group or Class Stream and will automatically be added to the members' Planners. The Class/Group members can easily turn in the assignment right in Edmodo.
To post a new assignment to one or more of your classes or groups, follow these instructions:
- Select the add button located in class information panel of your group’s page
- Click Create Assignment from the dropdown menu
- Fill out Assignment Title and Instructions for the assignment
- Click the File, Link or Library icons to attach any items to the Assignment.
- Click Assign to open a popup menu to complete the following details before assigning the assignment:
- Assign to (type in the names of more groups or individual students to whom you would like to assign the assignment to directly)
- Please note that if you send an Assignment to individual student recipients rather than a class or a small group, only you will be able to access that assignment. Co-teachers of your class won't be able to see or access this assignment or student submissions.
- Due on (set by clicking on the respective date and time boxes)
Note: If you send an Assignment to individual students instead of to a whole class/group, it won't show up automatically in the Progress Book.
Note: Attaching an image to the assignment may lower the image resolution.
To create an assignment that will be posted immediately:
To create and edit an assignment that is scheduled for later: