At this time if you’ve sent a Quiz to a Class/Group, you cannot edit the Quiz that has already been sent. To edit any Quiz, you first need to make a copy of it in your library. Original quizzes cannot be edited, only copied versions of a quiz can be edited. It is best practice to change the title of every copy that you make (i.e. quizname_version2), to help keep your Quiz copies organized.
To edit a quiz from your Library
- Navigate to your Library > My Quizzes
- Click on the Quiz you wish to edit (this will open a preview of the quiz in a new window)
- Click on the more icon at the top of the quiz > Make Copy
- Edit the Quiz as necessary
- Click Save & Close to save it to your library or Assign to assign the new copy directly to one of your classes
Note: If you choose to Save & Close, the copy of the quiz will be in your Library's general folder. You will need to move it manually to your Quizzes folder.
In order to edit a Quiz that you have already sent to students, you will have needed to make a copy of the Quiz in your library already, edit that copy, and then delete the original and resend the edited version of the Quiz. Deleting a quiz post from a class/group will delete all associated student work and grades.
To delete a Quiz post from a group and repost an edited version:
- Locate the Quiz post (find it by filtering the Group's stream by Quiz) and click the more icon located in the top right corner of the post
- Click Delete Post from the dropdown menu. This will delete the post from that Class/Group stream. It will not delete the Quiz from your Quiz Library
- Click Delete in the pop up that appears warning you about deleting the Quiz post
- Select the add button to create a new Quiz post > Load Existing Quiz
- Edit the quiz as you would like (title, instructions, questions, ect.)
- Click Assign to assign the quiz immediately
Note: By deleting a Quiz, you will delete all Quiz results and scores submitted by students.