With just a few clicks, you can use Snapshot to generate a standards aligned formative assessment that will provide a clear picture of your students’ mastery of ELA or Math Common Core standards. Creating a Snapshot is easy, and can also quickly be done from your home page or a Group page. To create a Snapshot in the Snapshot app, just follow these simple steps:
- Launch Snapshot by clicking the “Snapshot” icon on the Apps Toolbar. You can also quickly make Snapshots from the stream by selecting the Snapshot tab on the top right of the Post Stream.
- In the Snapshot app, click the blue “Create New Snapshot” button towards the top right.
- Click “Select Student Group” and select the Group(s) you want to assign the Snapshot to. Select the grade level and subject if these are not automatically selected.
- Some standards will be pre-selected based on student performance and common curriculum maps. To select your own standards to add, click the "Add More Standards" button , click the “Add to Current Snapshot” icon for each standard you'd like to assess, then click "Done." To remove a selected standard from the Snapshot, click the "X" on the standard card under "Selected Standards."
- Preview the entire Snapshot by clicking "Student Preview" in the bottom left. To preview questions for an individual standard, click the “eye” icon for that standard.
- Type in a Snapshot name, select a due date and time limit, and add an optional Note.
- Click “Assign Now” to Post the Snapshot immediately to your Group(s). Or, click “Plan for Later” to save the Snapshot to your Schedule, where you can edit it and assign it later.
Note: Snapshots you have Planned for Later will appear in the “Schedule.” Snapshot will randomly select four qualified standards aligned questions for each standard you select, and each student will receive a unique set of questions. You can view the results, including the individual questions that each student answered, on the Reports page.
Next Steps: Learn about other Snapshot features here.