Edmodo's Android app for Parent accounts is designed to immediately show you what you need to know - this application puts the most important information front and center so that you can stay in the loop and help your child reach their full potential.
Note: At this time you can only access your Parent account from the Android app with Operating System 4.0 (“Ice Cream Sandwich” or higher), or the web version of Edmodo.
How do you sign up?
If you received an invitation from your child, you can sign up with that email address and instantly be connected to your child's account. Alternatively, you will need to ask your child for their unique Parent Code, or have them enter their credentials during your sign up process. By associating with your child's student account, you will automatically see information from the Groups they have joined on Edmodo.
What will you be able to see or do from your account?
- What's Due: All Quizzes (will have a purple checkmark icon), Assignments (orange pencil), & Events (blue clock). If an Assignment or Quiz has been submitted you will see a green checkmark.
- Posts: Any Notes sent to your child's Groups, unless the Teacher has chosen to hide all Posts from Parents. You will also see any Direct Messages sent between your child and your child's Teachers.
- If your child's Teacher has sent a post to the Parents Group specifically, and the Teacher did not include the Students Group, then you will be able to reply to that post. Please note that your replies will be seen by all the Parents in the Group, not just the Teacher.
- Multiple Children: You can associate your one Parent account with multiple students on Edmodo. Once you are linked to more than one child, you will be able to tap the name of your child at the top-right and then a Student's name to switch to viewing a different student.
- Settings: Add a student or edit your information by clicking "Settings" on the lower menu bar.
- Messaging: You can now send direct, private messages to your connected children or their Teachers using the messaging option on the bottom navigation menu.