Both teacher and parent accounts require an email address. To switch from a teacher to a parent, you must first deactivate your teacher account, which can take up to 48 hours to process. After the deactivation processes, you can use the same email address to create a parent account. If you would like to create a parent account immediately, please use a different email. You can edit your email address at a later date. If you'd like to have both a teacher and parent account, see here.
To switch from a teacher to a parent account, first, deactivate your teacher account:
- Log in to your teacher account.
- Click on the profile icon in the top toolbar > click Settings .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Deactivate your account.
- Enter your password and click Deactivate.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for this deactivation to be processed. In that time, you won't be able to use the same email that was on your teacher account to create a parent account.
To create your parent account ,please follow these steps:
- Obtain the unique 9 digit parent code from your child’s account (this is not the same as your child’s class codes). The parent code is attached to your child’s account. Learn where to find your parent code here.
- After you have your unique parent code, go to the Edmodo homepage on a web browser or use the Edmodo for Parents App for iOS or Android.
- Click Parent and fill in the necessary information and parent code.