Both Teacher and Parent accounts require an email address. To switch from a Teacher to a Parent, you must first deactivate your Teacher account, which can take up to 48 hours to process. After the deactivation processes, you can use the same email address to create a Parent account. If you would like to create a Parent Account immediately, please use a different e-mail. You can edit your e-mail address at a later date. If you'd like to have both a Teacher and Parent account, see here.
To switch from a Teacher to a Parent account, first, delete your Teacher account:
- Click on the “down arrow" icon in the upper right corner of your Teacher account and choose “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Deactivate your account."
- Enter your password and click "Deactivate."
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for this deactivation to be processed. In that time, you won't be able to use the same email that was on your Teacher account to create a Parent account. If you would like to create a Parent Account immediately, please use a different e-mail address. You can edit your e-mail address at a later date in "Account" > "Settings."
To create your Parent Account, please follow these steps:
- Obtain the unique 6-digit Parent Code from your child’s account (this is *not* the same as your child’s Group Codes). The Parent Code is attached to your child’s account. Learn where to find your Parent Code here.
- After you have your unique Parent Code, go to http://www.edmodo.com on a web browser or use the Edmodo for Parents App for iOS or Android.
- Click “Parents” and fill in the necessary information and Parent Code.