Certain settings are locked once Sync is activated. Please be aware that teachers and students will be unable to make the following changes:
- New users are unable to sign up from your school or district subdomain (e.g. https://nameofdistrict.edmodo.com): We’ve restricted new sign ups to only be those supplied via your CSV uploads so you have complete control over Edmodo accounts created from a district computer.
- Users can’t enter a School Code/ School Code no longer works. Edmodo Sync users are automatically verified and enrolled in the correct school on Edmodo, so there is no longer any reason for teachers to enter a School Code.
- User can’t reset/change password. Depending on your Edmodo Sync preferences, passwords may have been locked to what you supply in your CSVs or what is set in your Directory Service. If you enable Password Edits for Sync, the normal password reset flow will work.
- Users can’t change personal settings. Edmodo Sync locks profile settings so that information in Edmodo will be uniform with other systems. Please see the image below to see how these changes reflect on your users’ Edmodo pages.
- Users can’t edit Group Settings in Sync enabled Groups. Edmodo Sync locks Group settings so that information in Edmodo will be uniform with other systems.
- Users can’t admit new Members to Group in Sync enabled Groups. Edmodo Sync updates Group Members based on your CSVs, so that your teachers don’t have to worry about keeping up with Group rosters.