You can edit an Office Online file if:
- You created the file in Office Online OR you added the file to your Backpack / Library.
- It's an editable file type. See below for a list of file types you can edit.
To edit a file that you own:
- Click on the file name in Edmodo. Make sure you only have the file open in one browser tab!
- In the Office Online tab, click “Edit in browser.”
- Make your edits. You’ll see “Saving…” at the bottom of the page, once it says “Saved to Edmodo,” your edits will be saved.
What if you don't have editing access?
If you do not have the ability to edit an Office Online file then either it's not in your Library / Backpack, or it is not an editable file type. Here are the solutions:
- Just add it to your Library / Backpack. This will create a version that you own and can edit.
- Make sure that it is an editable file type! If not, when you download it to your computer, save it as an editable file type.
Editable file types:
- Word: .docx, .docm, .odt
- Excel: .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .ods
- Powerpoint: .pptx, ppsx, .odp
Note: If you get an error message saying "Sorry, you can't edit this document with other people," this means that the document is being edited in multiple browser tabs. Make sure to close all tabs that contain the document, then open it and edit again.