No more posting separate Zoom event links for your students! Zoom integration available for all Edmodo paid users making it easier than ever to create, schedule and join Zoom events. Read below for more information on how to create a Zoom event from your Calendar and join your Zoom event as a Teacher.
To create a new Zoom event directly from your Class:
- Navigate to your Class
- Click on Create located in the upper right-hand corner
- Click on Zoom Event
- Fill in all the fields of the event such as Name, Start & End Time, Participants, and Description. Adjust the event's settings through the Settings option within the Zoom meeting link produced.
- For safety and security reasons, all Zoom meetings are password protected by default. The Enable Waiting Room setting is also pre-selected.
- Select Add Zoom Video Conferencing. A pop-up message will display confirming that your event has been scheduled.
Note: If the end time is set before the start time, you will not be able to create the event.
Joining a Zoom event is simpler than ever on Edmodo. Teachers can join any scheduled Zoom event through their Calendar or Class' Mini-Cal.
To join a Zoom event from your Class' Mini-Cal:
- Navigate to the Class that has the scheduled Zoom event
- Look for the event in the Mini-Cal located in the right-hand panel
- Click on the event to display a pop-up with the event's name
- Select Join Zoom Meeting. Another pop-up modal will ask how you would like to join the event. You can choose to launch the event through your Web Browser or the Zoom App.
- Please note that for a richer Zoom experience, we highly encourage users to use the Zoom App. Learn more about the difference between launching Zoom events through the Web Browser and the Zoom App.
- Once you are in the meeting, click on Join Audio by Computer
- When you are done with the meeting, click on Leave Meeting
- After leaving the meeting, you will be brought back to the main class page