Connecting parents can help keep them informed on their child's progress, with automatic updates and direct messaging. All you need is an email address or phone number to invite parents to connect with their child on Edmodo.
To connect an individual parent:
- Click on a Class in the Class panel on the left side of your homepage.
- Click on the Members tab.
- If a student does not have a connected parent, click the "Connect Parent" button in their row. (Note: If the student already has a connected parent, click on the ellipses symbol to the right and select "Add Another Parent.")
- From the dropdown menu, select "Email" or "Mobile" and type in the appropriate information. (Note: Mobile invitations are only available in the US and Canada)
- Click the "Invite" button and an invitation will be sent to the parent.
- Click the “Finish” button.
Your student's parent will now start receiving updates on their child's progress.
You can also invite all your students' parents at once, when you first create a Class and add your students. If you don't want to connect parents at this point, you still have the option to connect them individually later.
To connect all your students' parents:
- Once you create a new Class and add Students to the Class, select the highlighted blue "Connect Parent" button. If you don’t want to connect parents at this point, you can click on the “Maybe Later” button. You can always connect parents again in the Members tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Email" or "Mobile" and type in the appropriate information for each parent. (Note: Mobile invitations are only available in the US and Canada)
- Click the "Invite" button and invitations will be sent to parents.
- Click the “Finish” button once you are done connecting all students to parents in your Class.