Edmodo offers a variety of ways to collaborate with educators, whether it's sharing resources with a department team at school or participating in a worldwide conversation in your subject area. As you connect with other teachers and grow your PLC (professional learning community), you'll be able to customize your Edmodo experience for your own professional development.
Unlike Classes, which are intended for your classroom with your students, Groups can be used for teachers to collaborate or deliver training. Groups can be used privately with other teachers at your school or publicly with other teachers on Edmodo.
To create a Group:
- Locate your Group panel in the left sidebar and click on the ellipses symbol () in the upper right corner.
- Select "Create a Group."
- Enter the information and click "Create."
- Then invite other teachers to join the Group! Locate the Group Code and give it to another teacher so they can join your Group.
Topics are used to follow and participate in conversations with other like-minded teachers around the world. You can browse existing topics on Edmodo or click on a hashtag (#) to filter posts with the corresponding tag.
To browse Topics:
- Locate your Topics panel and click on "Show All."
- You'll be taken to the Topics page. Click on a popular Topic, "Following" to see your subscriptions, or click "All topics" to see the full list.
Spotlight is a marketplace for publishers and teachers to create and share lesson planning materials. Teachers from the Edmodo network can browse free or paid resources, read reviews from fellow teachers, and download and use them with their students.
To access Spotlight:
- Open up the profile menu in the upper right corner of your homepage.
- Select "Spotlight."
To see more information about collaborating with educators, check out the following Help Center articles:
- Create or Join a Professional Development Group
- Search for and Follow Topics
- Connect with Teachers
- About Edmodo Spotlight