Discover is a new space on Edmodo where teachers and students can find free, high-quality educational resources such as activities, apps, and games that are shared by the Edmodo teacher community and our trusted education partners.
Note: Discover is currently only available to teachers and students. Stay tuned for information on when Discover will be available to parents and publishers.
To browse activities on Discover:
- Login to your Edmodo account.
- In the Top Toolbar, click on the Discover tab. It is located in the middle of the toolbar on the teacher page, and is the tab that is second to the right on the student page.
- You will be taken to the Discover page. Click on the content that you would like open.
- Download the latest Edmodo app on your mobile device.
- Login or create an account.
- Tap the Discover tab in the bottom navigation bar. It is located in the middle of the navigation bar on the student version, and is the second to the left tab for the teacher's interface.
What is Discover and how does it help teachers and students?
Discover is a space dedicated to helping teachers and students find free, high-quality classroom content and resources without having to leave Edmodo. Our goal as we launch and support Discover is to make it easier for teachers to enrich their lessons with relevant and engaging activities. We also aim to give all learners a safe, trusted place to find engaging content, learn more about their interests, and become empowered learners by building confidence and life skills.
What types of resources are available in Discover?
Discover includes educational resources shared by the Edmodo teacher community and our trusted education partners. These resources can activities, apps, games, Edmodo Quizzes, videos, links, files, and more. Some examples of resources are: a collection of social-emotional learning activities, mindfulness activities from our partner Happy Not Perfect, educational games like Firewords, and news videos from NexxGen News.
Note: Edmodo Spotlight resources are moving to Discover. Learn more here.
How can teachers use Discover with their students?
Teachers can use the resources they find in Discover by assigning them directly to their Edmodo Classes, sharing them on social media, or saving them to their Edmodo Library (or their computer) for later use. A future update to Discover will also allow teachers to filter resources by subject and grade level. Some example ways that teachers can use Discover resources are: finding lessons and activities shared by other teachers, integrating social-emotional learning activities into the classroom, and giving students a brain break or warm-up activity.