Join the discussion around your favorite subjects and interests! Previously known as Topics, you now can simply click on hashtags to see recent posts with that hashtag.
To follow a hashtag:
- Locate the Hashtag panel in the left side of your homepage.
- Click "Discover Hashtags" to bring up the hashtag menu.
- Search for a hashtag or scroll through the list to find a hashtag you want to subscribe to. Click the "Follow" button.
- To unfollow a hashtag, either click the "Following" button to toggle it off or click the edit button in the upper right corner of the Hashtag panel to remove them from your list.
Note: If you are following a hashtag, you will see posts with this hashtag in your Home stream.
To use hashtags:
- Begin composing a post in your Home stream composer.
- Use the # symbol to bring up a list of popular hashtags.
- Type your hashtag after the # symbol. (Example: #science)
- Select which teachers can see your post.
- All Teachers: Any teacher on Edmodo can see or interact with your post.
- Your School: Only teachers at your school can see or interact with your post.
- My Connections: Only teachers you are connected to can see or interact with your post.
- Click the Post button.
I used to use Topics on Edmodo. How do I continue participating in these discussions?
One of the greatest benefits to using Edmodo are the discussions that occur between teachers around shared interests. We believe hashtags makes it even easier to participate in these conversations!
If you used to follow a Topic on Edmodo, you are now subscribed to that Topic's hashtag. For example, if you used to follow the Computer Science Topic, you are now subscribed to #computerscience. Simply click on #computerscience to bring up all the posts that used to exist on that Topic page.
I used to post to multiple Topics. How do I do this with hashtags?
You can use multiple hashtags on any given post. If you are writing something that pertains to multiple subjects or categories, you can use multiple hashtags to get it viewed by a larger audience.
Are hashtags on Edmodo the same as hashtags on other social media platforms?
While the behavior of hashtags on Edmodo is similar to what you might find on Twitter or Facebook, Edmodo posts with hashtags are not connected to these platforms. We believe Edmodo is a place for education only, so we hope to focus the conversations accordingly.
I'm an admin on Edmodo. Why does my account appear different than other teachers?
Because admins on Edmodo have special privileges unique to their school/district, not all hashtag related features are currently available to these accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes! Admin accounts will receive all hashtag related features later this summer.