Splash into Summer Raffle Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
The Edmodo 2019 SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT Raffle (the “Raffle”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating, all individuals submitting an Entry (“Entrant” or “Entrants”) agree to these Official Rules. The Raffle is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void outside of the 2019 SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT Show in Philadelphia, PA, June 25, 2019 and where prohibited by law.
Raffle Name and Purpose: This is the Edmodo 2019 SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT Raffle (the “Raffle”). The purpose of this Raffle is to encourage educators to share their classroom stories and experiences for the purposes of aiding others interested in education.
Raffle Sponsor: Edmodo, located at 777 Mariners Island Blvd, Ste 500, San Mateo, CA 94404, is the “Sponsor” of this Raffle.
Raffle Period: The Raffle begins on June 25, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. EDT and ends on June 25, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. EDT (the “Raffle Period”).
The Sponsor has the official time keeping device for this Raffle. To be eligible, each individual Raffle Ticket must be completed and submitted for entry into this Raffle during the Edmodo Splash Into Summer Event and on or before 8:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2019. Any Raffle Ticket submitted after the date and time designated above, for any reason, will be disqualified.
Who May Enter: Except as otherwise provided herein, this Raffle is open to guests that attend the SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT Show in Philadelphia, PA between 5:30pm and 9pm on June 25, 2019 that meet the Raffle eligibility requirements and comply with these Official Rules (“Eligible Entrants”).
The following classes of persons are NOT eligible to participate in this Raffle:
(1) Sponsor and each of the employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this Raffle (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related.
How to Enter the Raffle: There is no purchase necessary to enter this Raffle. To enter this Raffle, each Eligible Entrant must:
- Provide your SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT 2019 Show raffle tickets to Edmodo during the 2019 SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT
No Cost to Participate; Multiple Applications Allowed: There is no cost or charge to submit a Raffle Ticket. Guests will receive one raffle ticket upon entering the event and can receive additional raffle tickets for completing a game card at the event or meeting with a Schools Team representative.
- Each Entrant grants to the Sponsor, and any company controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the Sponsor, a non-exclusive, world-wide royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, display, and otherwise exploit each Raffle Ticket that the Entrant submits into this Raffle, or any part thereof, throughout the world in any media (including on the Sponsor’s website or in any video or electronic communication form, and in any printed publications), whether now known or hereafter created regardless of whether the Raffle Ticket is a Raffle Winner.
Raffle Winner Selection: The Sponsor conducts the random Raffle to select one (1) winner from among the Eligible Entry Applicants on June 25, 2019 between 8 – 9pm
The Raffle winner must be present to win. If the Raffle Winner does not respond to the award announcement, the Sponsor shall conduct a re-draw to select a new Prize Award Winner.
Raffle Award: Six (6) Raffle Awards shall be awarded under this Raffle. The Raffle Winners as randomly selected by the Sponsor will receive one (1) of the following as the Raffle Award to be awarded through this Raffle.
- (1) Apple iPad
- (1) Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- (2) $50 Gift Cards to Marriott Bonvoy
- (2) $50 Gift Cards to Massage Envy
No alternative prize(s) may be requested, although Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) if necessary. There is no cash alternative. The Raffle Winner may not substitute, exchange, or apply the Raffle Award value towards a higher cost or alternate award or prize. The Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tablet provided as the Raffle Awards are provided on an “AS IS” basis with no warranty provisions.
Raffle Winner Requirements: The Raffle Winner must be present to win. If the Raffle Winner does not respond to the award announcement, the Sponsor shall conduct a re-draw to select a new Prize Award Winner. Sponsor will not be responsible for the Raffle Award Winner’s failure to reply in a timely manner to the Raffle Award Winner Notification provided by the Sponsor.
Raffle Award Claim Procedures for Raffle Winner:
- The Raffle Award claim is subject to approval and verification by the Sponsor. Failure to comply with any terms or conditions of these Official Rules shall render any potential winner ineligible to claim the Raffle Award, and the Sponsor shall be released of and from any and all liability with respect to any claim asserted by any Entrant, potential Raffle Award Winner, or Raffle Award Winner.
- The recipient of any Raffle Award may be required to provide the Sponsor with the recipient’s tax identification number or other information as may be required to comply with applicable tax filing or other governmental filing requirements.
- The recipient of any Raffle Award is solely responsible for any and all charges or fees that may be associated with the Raffle Award or delivery of the Raffle Award to include but not be limited to income, value-added (VAT) or other taxes, customs duties or other similar charges. In addition, any charges for installation of the Raffle Award shall be the responsibility of the Raffle Award Winner.
Raffle Conditions: The conditions of the Raffle Award include the obligations and undertakings of the Raffle Award Winner to be present to receive the awards in person
Additional Rules and Restrictions: By participating, each Entrant agrees to hold all Released Parties harmless from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental, or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses, or expenses arising out of or relating to Entrant’s participation in this Raffle, or the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any Raffle Award, or participation in award-related activities (including but not limited to travel or activity related thereto), and to assume all liability therefore. Released Parties shall not be liable to any Raffle Award Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Raffle Award or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or applications by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ sole control.
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or terminate this Raffle if, in the opinion of the Sponsor, fraud, misconduct, or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of the Raffle, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Raffle. In the event of early termination of the Raffle, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine the potential Raffle Winner or Raffle Winners from among all eligible Raffle Tickets properly submitted as of the date and time of such termination.
If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, any event associated with this Raffle or any Raffle Award is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Raffle, and shall not be required to provide any Raffle Award or any substitute Raffle award or prize.
Decisions of the Sponsor in all matters related to this Raffle are final.
In Case of Disputes: By participating, each Entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Raffle, or any Raffle Award awarded or to be awarded shall be resolved individually without resorting to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with submitting any Raffle Ticket or participating in this Raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each individual Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction or interpretation of these Official Rules, the validity or enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Raffle shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Privacy: By participating in this Raffle, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor may collect the name, email address and telephone number of the person submitting the Raffle Ticket l, and any other information that the Sponsor deems reasonable, necessary and appropriate to collect. The Sponsor may use this information to administer this Raffle and for all other lawful purposes including contacting the Entrant with additional information about Sponsor’s products and services.
Entrant can contact the Sponsor or otherwise communicate privacy concerns by:
- Emailing the Sponsor email@example.com; or
- Writing to the Sponsor at the following address: Edmodo, 777 Mariners Island Blvd, Ste 500, San Mateo, CA 94404. Please include your email address and phone number with your correspondence along with the information needed.
Information Request: For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Edmodo, Attention: 2019 SPLASH INTO SUMMER EVENT SHOW Raffle, 777 Mariners Island Blvd, Ste 500, San Mateo, CA 94404. Please specify any specific information you are requesting. Requests for information regarding these Official Rules or Raffle Award Winner must be received by July 1, 2019.